Humidifiers become essential in dry weather when the lack of moisture in the air can irritate your throat and nasal passage, triggering several allergies, and causing many respiratory issues. The sole purpose of all humidifiers is to add moisture into the air and to keep the humidity level of a room well balanced. Several kinds of humidifiers are in the market ranging from central humidifiers that regulate the humidity level of the whole house, to portable ones. Portable humidifiers are further divided into several categories like warm mist humidifiers, cool mist humidifiers, and ultrasonic humidifiers.
Some humidifiers use a filter to clean the water vapors before they are emitted into the air. The moisture is drawn up into the filter, and a fan causes the necessary evaporation. A filterless humidifier does not use filters and operates without them. Warm mist humidifiers do not need filters as the heat kills the virus and bacteria in water and they do not need extra additives.
Humidifiers with filter vs Humidifiers without filters
All kinds of particles like smoke, dust, or smoke can settle in the water of your humidifier. The filter in the humidifier traps these elements and doesn’t allow them to enter the vapors that are emitting into the air thus saving us from a lot of allergens. But these filters need to be constantly cleaned, and after a specific period, they need to be changed.
Humidifier manufacturers realized this inconvenience and developed humidifiers that do not need filters. These humidifiers use an electrostatic charge to remove the impurities from the water. Ultrasonic humidifiers that use sound vibration to create the mist don’t use filters. Some larger humidifiers and evaporators offer permanent filtration trays that can be cleaned.
The humidifiers with filters use a fan for evaporating the water, so obviously they are noisier. While on the other hand, the filterless humidifiers are quieter as no use of the fan is involved. Changing and cleaning filters can be a nuisance, but with filterless humidifiers, you need to be more careful about the cleanliness of your humidifier.
For more in-depth details about filter vs no filter humidifiers you can check:
Advantages of a Filterless Humidifiers
Humidifiers with filters often produce a loud noise. The fans in these humidifiers can create some level of noise and can be irritating for some people. Especially if you are using the humidifier in a nursery, a quiet humidifier seems more appealing. Humidifiers without filters are quieter and no more waking up in the middle of the night with the loud noise.
Don’t have to buy a filter
The filter has a short span of life, and even though you keep cleaning them, there comes a time when you have to replace them unless you are alright with running a dirty filter. The humidifiers without filters are one-time investment, and you don’t have to buy filters from time to time.
The filterless humidifier uses the latest technology to use an electromagnetic charge to remove the impurities from the water. It prevents the growth of bacteria, viruses, mold, or mildew in water. The water vapors coming out of the humidifier are dispersed in the air that you are inhaling and the contaminated air can aggravate your allergies rather than comforting it.
The latest filter-free humidifiers have a variable setting to control the humidity level of the room. This way you can better monitor and control the humidity level of your room. More than required humidity can cause problems.
Improved health and skin benefits
The filterless humidifiers moist the air and keep it clean. The result is better health and skin benefits. You get comfortable with the right level of humidity and better skin.
Disadvantages of a filterless humidifier
Need to be Cleaned more often
Filterless humidifiers need more regular cleaning. Although all kinds of humidifiers need maintenance and proper cleaning, the filterless humidifiers can deposit the mineral traces in the base and need regular cleaning.
Emits White Dust
Ultrasonic filterless humidifiers emit white dust in the air along with the mist. If you are using tap water to fill up the tank of the humidifier, then the mineral deposits in water are also dispersed with mist into the air. This dust settles down on the furniture or around the room. It can cause dust allergy and is not suitable for people with dust allergy. However, filling up demineralized water in the tank is a solution for avoiding white dust.
If you are using filterless ultrasonic humidifiers, then they can be a bit expensive than the usual humidifiers with filters. However, these are a one-time investment, and you don’t have to buy a new filter from time to time.
Types of Filterless Humidifiers
Many types of humidifiers are available in the market that does not use filters. Some of them are as follows:
2. Central Humidifiers
3. Steam vaporizers
5. Ultrasonic Humidifiers
Central humidifiers control the humidity level of the whole house. As steam vaporizers use heat to boil water and bacteria or other pathogens cannot survive in boiling water, the steam vaporizers don’t need filters. Impellers are more child-friendly as they use the cool mist that helps babies or children suffering from congestion. Ultrasonic humidifiers use ultrasonic vibration to create the mist. Therefore, choosing a humidifier depends on your personal preference and budget.
Factors to Consider while Choosing a Filterless Humidifier
Many filterless humidifiers are available in the market, but there are certain things that you should consider while choosing a filterless humidifier for your room.
The size of your room should be considered while choosing a humidifier. A humidifier that is built for a large area would make a little room damp in the same way a smaller humidifier in a large room would be ineffective. While buying a humidifier always read the specifications which mention the area it is designed to humidify.
Easy to clean
Humidifiers need to be cleaned on a regular basis, and a filterless humidifier needs even more care. While choosing a humidifier, take good care to choose one which is easy to assemble and clean.
The more control a humidifier offers, the better it will be for you and your baby. You can adjust the moisture level and also the speed of the fan. Those with timer and auto-shut options offer more control and are more convenient.
Humidistat prevents your room to become over humid. It prevents humidifier to emit more than necessary moisture into the air. Humidifiers without humidistat may make your room damper. Investing in a hygrometer is also helpful as it allows you to keep an eye on the humidity level of your room.
Best Filterless Humidifiers
If you are looking for a filterless humidifier then perhaps we can help. Below we have listed both cool mist filterless humidifiers and warm mist filterless humidifiers along with their pros and cons.
Best Filterless Cool Mist Humidifiers
|LEVOIT 4L Humidifiers for Bedroom Large Room & Essential Oil Diffuser,...||$49.99||Check It|
|Vicks Filter-Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, Medium Room, 1.2...||$64.99 $43.17||Check It|
|Everlasting Comfort Air Humidifiers for Bedroom - 50-Hour Continuous...||$69.99 $62.99||Check It|
|AquaOasis™ Cool Mist Humidifier (2.2L Water Tank) Quiet Ultrasonic...||94,596 Reviews||$49.97 $29.97||Check It|
This Levoit’s cool mist ultrasonic humidifier has a capacity for 4-liter water which means it can work 20-30 hours continuously. It’s a three-in-one device that can work as a diffuser, humidifier, and nightlight. Water is double-filtered using activated carbon and ceramic filters that help fight against bacteria and produce a fine mist that will revitalize your home.
- Cleaning your humidifier is a breeze with the patented easy to clean & refill design.
- Achieve a deeper, more rejuvenating sleep with soothing aromatherapy and a better night’s sleep by improving humidity levels in the room.
- Hear safe and effective ultrasonic technology with the Levoit Advanced Ultrasonic Technology.
- Feel confident knowing that your humidifier is backed by 12 month warranty, ensuring reliability and safety for you and your family.
1. Humidifier emits fine mist using quiet ultrasonic technology, thus producing no sound.
2. You can add your favorite essential oil in the aroma box and get a relaxing aroma along with the humidity.
3. Comes with a built-in nightlight that gives a calming effect in your darkroom at night.
4. Water is double filtered and gives improved air quality.
5. Its sleek design enhances the beauty of your room.
6. Its auto-shutoff system stops the humidifier automatically when the water gets below the required level.
1. It’s a bit pricey
2. Works better with distilled water as tap water can produce white dust.
- 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙁𝙀𝘾𝙏 𝙃𝙐𝙈𝙄𝘿𝙄𝙁𝙄𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙍...
- 𝙃𝙐𝙈𝙄𝘿𝙄𝙁𝙄𝙀𝙍 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘿𝙄𝙁𝙁𝙐𝙎𝙀𝙍 2...
Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
Vicks’ small humidifier with half gallon tank is ideal for a baby’s nursery or a small bedroom. It provides soothing mist for the temporary relief of cough or congestion. This ultra-quiet unit is filter-free and required minimum maintenance.
- It has a fully adjustable mist setting for better comfort
- It is filterless
- It can be used with vapo pads
- It has an adjustable nozzle to control the direction of the mist
- It’s a quiet humidifier
- It’s easy to use and clean
- Besides essential oils, it also support the use of vapo pads
- May not be suitable for larger rooms.
- You need to fill it with filtered water to avoid mineral deposits.
- VICKS FILTER-FREE COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: This cool mist humidifier won't need replacement...
- VICKS HUMIDIFIERS FOR BABIES, KIDS, ADULTS: Humidifiers diffuse moisture into the air, and many...
Everlasting Comfort Cool Mist Humidifier
This is a large (6 liters) ultrasonic, filterless air humidifier. It’s made of plastic materials, with a dimension of 11*7*13 inches.
- It has a capacity of 6 liters
- It’s designed with a separate essential oil tray
- It is filterless
- It has a flexible mist output
- It automatically shuts off when the water level is low
- It has an operation sound of 30db and a two year warranty
- It has an essential oil tray to allow seamless diffusion of aromatherapy fragrance
- It has a very buoyant tank that won’t need constant refill
- It has a wide area coverage
- It has a 2 years replacement policy which is pretty good
- It’s easy to use and clean
- It is filterless. While this could help save extra cost, it can also expose users to impurities from an impure water.
- 50-HOURS OF CONTINUOUS MIST: Enjoy extended relief with our cool mist humidifier for bedroom,...
- PERFECT FOR ANY ROOM UP TO 500 SQUARE FEET: Create an oasis of comfort in any space with our...
AquaOasis™ Cool Mist Humidifier
An filterless cool mist humidifier that comes with a decent price around 35$ and a large capacity tank of 2.2 L. AquaOasis it can keep your room humidified up to 24h with a single refill during dry winters. This humidifier it is quiet and you can use it during the night. This humidifiers it is coming with good reviews and giving the price point it is perfect for the ones that doesn’t want to pay a lot of money and wants a good quality.
- Extra Large Water Tank of 2.2L
- Operation that lasts longer than 24 Hours
- Automatic Shut-Off Function
- 360 Rotating Nozzle
- Ultra-Quiet Operation
- No Filter Needed, Simply Water (Distilled Water Recommended)
- Comes with Cleaning Brush
- Good price
- Large Capacity
- You can’t use sent oil
Best Warm Filterless Humidifiers
|Honeywell HWM-705B HWM705B Filter Free Warm Moisture Humidifier, Black||7,268 Reviews||$39.99||Check It|
|Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier, Small to Medium Rooms, 1 Gallon Tank...||22,329 Reviews||$39.99||Check It|
|Elechomes Humidifiers for Bedroom (6L), Ultra-Quiet Warm and Cool Mist...||$89.99 $69.99||Check It|
Do you want to feel more comfortable in your own home? Humidify your room with Honeywell’s HWM-705B Filter Free Warm Moisture Humidifier. The humidifier provides you with soothing, warm mist and a calming environment to help you sleep. Use this humidifier for cold and flu season, allergy season, or when the air is simply dry. You can trust Honeywell’s HWM-705B Filter
- It has a tank capacity of 4 liters
- It’s filterless, and has a separate essential oil cup
- It’s made of plastic materials
- It has a low operation sound
- It has a flexible humidity options to choose from
- It’s easy to use and clean
- It’s ideal for virtually every room size
- Water accumulation and impurity diffusion into the atmosphere are the demerits of using this humidifier.
- Warm Mist Humidifier: This Ultra Quiet Filter Free Humidifier Produces a Soothing, Visible Warm...
- WARM MOISTURE FOR HOME OR OFFICE: This top fill humidifier features a 1 gallon tank & can run...
Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier
This warm mist humidifier is perfect for bedrooms, baby’s nursery, children bedrooms, or anywhere you want to add some moisture. With its 1 gallon tank, it can give nonstop moisture for a long period. With its heating process, it produces 95% bacteria-free mist.
1. With full capacity can run for a longer period nonstop.
2. Produces bacteria-free mist.
3. Works quietly.
4. Comes with a medicine cup for liquid inhalants.
5. The portable device is easy to carry from room to room.
6. Filter-free design requires less maintenance.
7. Comes with 3 years of warranty.
1. Risk of burns or scalds.
- WARM MIST HUMIDIFIER – Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier helps to ensure proper humidity levels...
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF – Vaporizers for bedroom and home can be helpful during cold...
Humidifiers are essential, and if you are deterred by the repeated maintenance of filters, then some filter-free options work equally well and have many benefits. Buying a humidifier is an investment in good health and a comfortable environment. You can choose the one that suits more your budget, needs, and preference.
Elechomes is one of the largest filter-free humidifiers you will find in the market. This 6-liter warm vaporizer which comes with a customizable output setting will humidify your air for a duration of 12 to 40 hours depending on the rate of mist output. Despite its large size, Elechomes is a whisper-quiet appliance with noise levels of 34 Db. For those who use aromatherapy, this appliance helps you diffuse your favorite essential oils. A great addition in this appliance is the remote-control feature which allows you to operate it from anywhere in the house.
- Has an area coverage of 750 square feet.
- Noise levels are 34 Db.
- It has a capacity of 6 liters.
- Has a run time of at least 12 hours and a maximum of 40 hours
- It has a build-in aromatherapy box
- The maximum rate of the mist output is 550ml/hr.
- Its large tank allows for up to 40 hours of continuous use.
- Its smart humidity sensing will detect when the level of humidity changes and adjust accordingly saving you the hustle of doing it manually.
- It has a touch LED display which lets you know of levels of humidity at a glance.
- It allows you to diffuse essential oils.
- It can be risky to use in a house with young children since it has a heating element. If it is to be used, adult supervision is imperative.
- 6 Liter Capacity: Featuring a stunning 6L large tank and 360° adjustable dual nozzles, this...
- Suitable for Home, Baby and Plants: You can finally breathe properly with this ultrasonic...