So you’ve decided that a simple humidifier does not meet your needs anymore. You want something more, something that will also freshen up the air in your room and create a nice, soothing effect.
In that case, a diffuser is the right device for you. It uses water in combination with essential oils, and sends the aromatic mist in the air. Some immediate effects of such device include: cough, cold and flu relief, reduced smell of cigarettes and tobacco, as well as eliminating pet odors.
How Do Mist Humidifiers Diffusers Work?
An aroma diffuser is a device that turns water into vapor or mist. The aroma or pleasant smell comes mainly from essential oils. These are mixed in the water and carried in the ambient via mist.
Most aroma diffusers are ultrasonic nebulizers. The ultrasonic diffusers work through a ceramic plate that emits ultrasounds (not perceptible either by humans or pets). These ultrasounds break the water molecules and transform them into a thin, perfumed mist that is pushed to the outside of the diffuser by a fan. This method also contributes to athoroughly humidification of the environment.
Types of Mist Humidifiers Diffusers
From the very beginning, you must know that such devices come in a variety of patterns and colors. You can choose one that will best suit the decor of your home. Also, the price of the diffuser varies, depending on the material from which it is made.
You can buy a humidifier diffuser made out of plastic, wood, ceramic glass or metal. The more valuable the material, the more costly the product. Given that it is a good that is always on display, it is important to decide on an aesthetically pleasing model .
An even more important criterion to consider when buying a mist humidifier diffuser is the type of aroma dispersion it provides. Different modes of operation guarantee different effects, so it is good to know all types of devices before making a purchase.
Best Device for Aromatherapy
Essential Oils Diffuser Humidifier Combo
The best way to use essential oils for safe, effective and affordable aromatherapy is to use a diffuser. These small appliances are specifically designed to properly disperse essential oils in the air.
The diffusers break down the essential oils into micro-particles that form a fresh, uniform and extremely fine mist. Unlike hot steam humidifiers that alter the properties of essential oils, diffusers use cold air and a nebulizer to preserve the power of the oils.
When you inhale the oil mist, your body absorbs the fine, pure particles, which has an immediate medicinal effect.
Caution: Traditional diffusers will have a very limited humidification capacity since their water tanks vary between 200 ml and 600 ml (far from the 2 to 6 l humidifiers). If you have a real need for humidification, it is better to move towards an ultrasonic humidifier with diffusion function.
Ultrasonic Air humidifier Diffuser Pack
Ultrasonic humidifiers with cold steam have a nebulizer just like the diffusers and they do not use heat. The absence of heat means that all the healing properties of the essential oil will be preserved in the expelled vapor.
However, it is recommended to purchase an ultrasonic humidifier with an essential oil tank independent of the water tank and designed from materials that will not be damaged by oils.
An air humidifier without diffuser function?
If you do not have a diffuser or humidifier with a tank for essential oils and you can not buy one at the moment, there is a way to experience the joys of aromatherapy with your ordinary cold or hot steam humidifier. You can soak a cotton ball with essential oil and place it on the steam outlet nozzle. This trick will diffuse the essential oil in the air to a certain extent, but obviously not as effectively as a diffuser.
It is quite useful to have a humidifier with essential oil diffuser function since the aromatherapy’s benefits are numerous. On the other hand, if you do not need a particular humidification for your interior (or maybe you even you have too much humidity), a simple essential oils diffuser will suffice.
What are the disadvantages of using essential oils directly in your air humidifier?
Because they are powerful, essential oils can cause serious damage to some humidifiers that are made of lower quality materials or which are simply unsuitable for aromatherapy. This is especially true if you use citrus essential oils, which are particularly harsh on plastics.
In addition, adding essential oils to your humidifier’s water tank can damage seals. Ultimately, this may result in leakage or complete failure of the humidifier.
Although humidifiers turn water into a fine mist, it’s not enough for essential oils. In order for your body to properly absorb the essential oil, the oil must be transformed into an extremely fine mist.
You will certainly feel therapeutic benefits but not as effective as with a diffuser.
Essential Oils Properties Alteration
If you have a hot steam humidifier, the use of essential oils with this type of device is a waste of money. The heat produced by the boiling water alters or destroys entirely the essential oils’ therapeutic properties. The room might smell good but your body will not benefit from any therapeutic benefit.
Oil Deposits on Your Furniture
The continued use of essential oils in a humidifier that does not have a function for that and hence does not separate them into superfine particles, causes long-term oily deposits throughout the home. The oil films accumulate on your furniture, your floors, your walls,etc.
As you can see there are plenty of reasons to use a humidifier with essential oil diffuser function if you want to get the most benefits from the aromatherapy. The market has a huge variety of models available and in the following segment you can check some of the best.
The URPOWER essential oil diffuser holds 100 ml of water and can work up to 6 hours on a single water filling. Plus, is the most affordable one on the market with a price of under 20$. Produces an expanded amount of mist that efficiently fights dryness and stuffiness in the air. Furthermore, features an option to change in 7 different colors that make the room more appealing. Comes with two timing options so you can choose between continuous and intermittent mist. The package includes a measuring cup for convenient water filling. Lastly, you won’t sense its operation because it’s whisper-quiet. It has 4.5 stars reviews ( thousands of them)
- Colour changing led
- Auto Stops
- Hard to open
- Smal rezervor
- Some are complaining about the fact that is not producing to much smell
- URPOWER New Version: The URPOWER Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser is an upgraded...
- Please use 100% pure essential oils with no corrosivity, Ultrasonic aroma essential oil diffuse...
Essential Oil Diffuser By Smiley Daisy
SmileyDaisy is a company that makes some of the best diffusers in the market. One of those is The Hibiscus diffuser. Masterfully designed, it boasts an ultrasonic water-oxygen diffusing feature, which maintains the proper molecular structure of the essential oils.
With full water capacity, it can run for about six hours and has an auto-off feature, once the tank is emptied.
The diffuser has two mist mode settings: continuous mist (running non-stop until it runs out of water), or two hours auto shut-off. For optimum performance, five drops of essential oils are needed.
- Diffused oil has power and is smelling
- It stays cool (diffusers should not heat up and burn your oils)
- The design is nice.
- Not a high volume of mist per hour
- It can be loud
- Elegant. Relaxing. Rejuvenating. The Hibiscus diffuser is one of the well-designed diffusers...
- Feel relaxed when you look at the changing LED lights of the diffuser. Get all the benefits of...
URPOWER Square Aromatherapy
Not only that will help you humidify your room but also it can have essential oils to refresh the air. The design is nice and it has also 7 LEDs. Also, the is very quiet so it will not disturb you during sleep.
- Combines the water vapor mist of a humidifier with the healing properties of essential oils for a powerful combination that works to relieve respiratory infections such as bronchitis
- Rotating LED mood lights with 7 different colors that can rotate, be set to one specific color wit dim or bright adjustment, or turned off altogether
- Extremely quiet
- 700ml capacity and can run for 20 hours
- Shutoff safety feature that automatically turns the device off when out of water
- 4 timing options—1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, or ON (constant stream)
- The ejected fumes disperse only a short range in a room leaving a bit of the moisture from the mist on the table and floor.
- mist settings don’t have too many differences
- Whisper-Quiet Ultrasonic Operation Adopted advanced ultrasonic technology, this essential oil...
- Auto Shut-Off function Gives you peace of mind when using the diffuser, as when it is detected...
VicTsing 2nd Version
- Unique and Compact Design. This aroma diffuser with wood grain looks very natural and primitive. The cap is easy to take off, needn’t unscrew the cap with great force
- Large Capacity and Great Mist Output. This aroma humidifier can hold up to 300ml water and run continuously for 10 hours. Automatic power off when water used up, which ensures safety
- Super Quiet. Adopted ultrasonic technology, this humidifier is extremely quiet when working or sleeping. It can soften and moisten dry and chapped skin in winter
- Adjustable LED Light. 7 colors and two modes can be chosen: steady on/changing color. Each color is adjustable between bright and dim
- Time Setting. 4 time setting modes：1 hour/3 hours/6 hours/steady on
- Auto shut off
- Includes timer
- Small size
- Quiet operation
- Decent runtime
- Colorful LED light
- Beeps when shutoff automatically
- Only works in small rooms
- Health and Beauty
SAKUKI 500ml Premium
This ASAKUKI 500ml premium humidifier is originated from Japan, but the description and instruction is in English which makes it easier for us to use. This product has many features such as LED lights, mist function, continuous or intermittent mode and auto-off safety switch. What I love the most is the LED lights function which consist of 7 different colors that you can choose. You can even set it to be only dark or to be only light colors or even mix it up to be dark and light. Besides that, there is a mist function that you can choose to be in either high or low nebulizer mode. You also can set the humidifier to be continuous or intermittent mode which you can set it to be 1, 2 or 3 hours. And the most important feature in this humidifier is its safety off-switch that can prevents it from overheating in case the water runs out. I think this feature is great because it can prevent from unwanted accidents or to damage the motor because of the overheating. Even if you are in a rush and you forget to turn off the switch, this won’t be a problem. So, you can just leave it even when you’re away.
- Auto switch off function
- 7 LED lights
- Functions as a diffuser and a humidifier
- Improves air quality
- Not as potent of a diffuser as the small ones.
- 💐Best Gift💐5-IN-1 AROMATHERAPY DEVICE: This ultrasonic essential oil diffuser...
- 💐GREATLY IMPROVES AIR QUALITY: Besides its uses in aromatherapy, this essential oil...
The Smiley Daisy diffuser, from the company of the same name, is our second best diffuser on the market.
Priced at 44.97 USD, it’s one of the more expensive ones, yet not the most expensive to get.
Even though it’s essentially a diffuser, the device also works as a humidifier, in which you can place essential oils to relieve cough, cold, and flu symptoms, reduce the smell of cigarettes and tobacco, pest odors, etc.
Equipped with an auto shut-off feature and advanced ultrasonic technology, it’s extremely quiet, and with a built-in LED light, helps create a soothing atmosphere.
- Increases air moisture for easier breathing and relief of cough, cold, and flu symptoms,...
- Creates instant relaxing aromatherapy with essential oils (sold separately) and color changing...
If you’re more worried about your health, and less about the soothing effects a diffuser might provide, then Signstek 1500 ML diffuser might be the right device for you.
Aside from diffusing essential oils and refreshing the air in the room, it also moisturizes the air, and produces a “happy feeling”, using negative ions which help lift the mood, strengthen the immune system and relieve stress.
As with all other high-end diffusers, Signstek also has an inter-changing LED light to create a soothing atmosphere, and is built using cool-mist technology.
The price of the Signstek 1500 ML diffuser is 42.99 USD.
- Dual nozzle sprayer with super heavy mist, moisturizes the air we breathe
- Large capacity of 1.5L, lasts on all night and not worry about refilling.