There is nothing more upsetting than a cough, whether it is a dry or wet type. Both are irritating and preventing you from engaging in daily activities. They also affect your nighttime when you just want to get some rest and simply can’t. Parents are particularly stressed out when this condition affects their children.
What is Cough?
Coughing is a common symptom. Although it is not a disease in itself, you should stay vigilant because it can signal a more serious condition: asthma, allergy, seizure, neoplasm, etc. It is important to seek medical advice if symptoms do not improve over a couple of days after applying the standard treatment.
A cough is a physical defense mechanism from a variety of airways aggressions. It is a sudden exhalation that aims to cleanse secretions and foreign bodies from the tracheobronchial ways. It can be a voluntary or a reflex reaction to a foreign body (dust, secretions, particles) or an irritating sensation that causes the body to suddenly inhale air, after which it is suddenly eliminated, in order to remove the provoking discomfort factor. Coughing often accompanies a cold, which may, depending on its severity, be a passing phenomenon or a long-lasting phenomenon.
There are 2 types of cough: dry – without secretions and productive- when an expectoration follows it. They both are dry irritating, tiring and can take several weeks to calm down.
Among many homeopathic treatments designed to provide relief and even to speed up this condition’s healing, we find the mist humidifiers. You can check out in the post below the best humidifier models for Cough 2022.
What Kind of Humidifier is Best for Cough?
The best humidifier for cough is the cool mist one.
There are many different types of humidifiers available on the market. Which one is best for people with colds or cough is highly subjective, but there are some factors to consider before making a decision
- What type of filter does it have?
- Does it require the purchase of any replacement parts?
- Is there an automatic shut off feature?
- Can it be mounted to the wall or sit on a table?
- How much noise does it make?
Best Humidifier for Cough 2022
This soothing, ultrasonic, cool mist humidifier has an ample 1-gallon tank, large enough to provide the necessary mist for a 500 square feet space, up to 24 hours. The Clean control feature prevents bacteria growth. Thanks to a 360° lid the mist are directed exactly where you need it. Sleep better, breathe easier during cough, cold and flu season with just a push of a button.
- Whisper quiet: Runs up to 24 hours
- Humidifies: Up to 500 square feet
- Clean control: Prevents bacteria growth
- 360° Lid: Mist where you need it most
- No filter: Doesn’t require filter to function
- Auto-off: Activates when the tank empties
Despite having one of the smallest capacities in the market, Malmes stands one of the most complete appliances in terms of efficiency. It has a solid design that conceals most of its compartments and features. With this appliance, you can diffuse more than just a cool-mist as it allows you to disperse essential oils, aroma and scented mist. It comes with 14 different color options that can either cycle or be locked to one color.
- Has a capacity of 300 ml
- Alexa and Google Home compatible
- Noise levels of around 40 decibels
- Has a run time of 8-10 hours
Seems like this InnoGear model has gathered quite a following. This #1 Best Seller in the Electric Air Fresheners category promises the ultimate unwind experience. The practical aspect: a whisper-quiet, ultrasonic operation that produces the necessary humidity for your living space to prevent dry, stuffy air and flu/cold germs infecting your loved ones.
- Capacity: 150ml
- 2 Mist Modes: Intermittent/ Continuous
- BPA free
- 7 Color LED Lights
- Whisper Quiet
- Auto Off
Quite a few voices advertise in favor of a warm mist humidifier to help you fight off winter’s asperities and this Vicks model is one of the best in the category. Practically it uses heated vapor to produce mist and that kills up to 95% of bacteria, mold, and spores normally found in water. Fill the 1-gallon tank with plain sink water and enjoy up to 12hrs of whisper-quiet, warm mist operation.
- 1-gallon tank capacity runs up to 12 hours per filling
- Filter-free operation
- 2 mist output settings for ideal comfort
- Medicine Cup for use with liquid inhalants such as Vicks VapoSteam
For a premium experience, you can rely on this Pure Enrichment Mistaire model which is a #1 Bestseller in whole-house humidifiers.
What users love about this model: the ease of use, the sizeable tank that ensures 16 hours of continuous operation, the quiet, safe operation and the fact that it does not require a filter. On the downside, some find the humidifier a bit difficult to clean and it’s nightlight too intense.
- 1.5-L Water tank: offers optimal coverage for bedrooms, offices, medium-sized rooms in general
- Auto Shut-Off: when low on water or when removing the water tank, for extra safety
- 360° mist nozzle
- 16 hours of continuous, safe operation on the low setting
It is perfect when you can have the best of both worlds: and when it comes to mist humidifiers this TaoTronics model is exactly that. The stylish design is completed by 6 user-friendly LED icons that communicate all the essentials including heating, humidity, timer, and sleep mode. The convenient and accurate humidity sensor implements a hassle-free, customized experience.
- 5.5L water tank
- 360° rotatable nozzle
- Low water-smart protection
- Accurate humidity sensor
- Faster humidifying with warm mist: reach your desired humidity level 20% quicker than devices using only cool mist
- Warm or cool mist with three different levels
If you want a healthy, soothing atmosphere in the whole house, you need a heavy-duty humidifier like this AirCare model, capable of humidifying up to 3600 square feet and up to 36 hours of runtime. It is featured with a digital humidistat that automatically maintains your desired humidity level with high accuracy.
- Up to 3,600 sq. ft. coverage.
- Up to 36 hours of runtime.
- 3.6-gallon tank capacity.
- Digital display
- 4 fan speeds with auto mode.
- Customizable humidity settings and auto shutoff.
- Refill and check filter indicator.
- Casters for easy mobility.
- Single bottle design
- Built in the USA out of domestic and imported parts
As you can see there are plenty of offers when it comes to Best Humidifier for Cough 2019. Keep in mind that a humidifier is not enough to cure a cold, flu, cough or other diseases; but it does seriously alleviate their effects and speed up the recovery.