A humidifier in the most basic sense of the word means something that generates and emits water vapor in order to keep the humidity in the space at the optimal level. The mist that they emit can be either cool or warm and some of these devices offer relaxing aromatherapy with essential oils as an addition to the mist that they are producing. Owning a humidifier can help you solve conditions such as dry skin, sore throat, cracked lips, sinus congestion, nose irritation etc.
It is important to keep the proper humidity level in the room as otherwise too much moisture in the air can make the atmosphere uncomfortable, and it may breed the bacteria and other infections in the room.
A helpful feature that you might want to make sure your choice of humidifier has is a built-in humidistat. This is a little device that is sensitive to the level of humidity and automatically regulates the humidity of the air in a room or building.
Advantages of Humidifiers With Humidistat
- The first and most obvious one is that is keeping the humidity in control as it comes with a build in humidistat. Humidifiers with humidistat are optimized to keep a 45 to 55 humidity level or to auto-stop when there is no more water. In case you want to see more about the optimal humidity level you can check: What is the Optimal Humidity Level for a Bedroom?
- Water tank last more days – because of the humidity control the water tank is lasting more days.
- They are quiet – they are ultrasonic which means that they don’t depend on fans.
- Low maintenance – which means there will be no changing of bulbs, cleaning of pans, and replacing steam canisters.
Below is a selection with the best humidifiers with Humidistat that you can buy.
Best Humidifiers with Humidistat
1.iTvanila Ultrasonic Humidifier
An ultrasonic humidifier with a humidistat that has a 5L(1.32 Gallon) tank that can last up to 30 hours. Automatically adjust the amount of mist according to the ambient humidity which intelligent keep the indoor humidity of 55%-60%. iTvanila is also very quiet as it has a sleep mode that is producing 35 dB of noise. Besides this, it has also the possibility to use essential oils in it by using an exterior drawer side to not put it directly into the water and make a mess and be harder to clean it up.
- QUICK HUMIDICATION: A powerful humidifying function which can get you out of the dry air in just a few minutes
- HUMIDISTAT FUNCTION: Automatically adjust the amount of mist according to the ambient humidity which intelligent keep the indoor humidity of 55%-60%.
- SLEEP MODE: Based on ultrasonic technology, which produces less than 35 dB of noise and provides a comfortable sleep environment for your family. The round indicator light will turn off so that you will not be disturbed by the annoying lights anymore.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Enjoy long-acting air diffusion with 1.32 Gallon(5L) large capacity humidifier,it can run for more than 30 hours continuously without re-filling.
- TOUCH PANEL: With the sensitive touch panel you can easily control the cool mist humidifier among low-middle-high mist levels.
- ESSENTIAL OILS: You can use essential oils
2. Levoit Humidifiers, 6L Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
Levoit’s Humidifier is a classy piece designed with modern technology. It makes your living space comfortable by adding very fine mist into the air. With its large capacity, It gives nonstop humidity continuously for 20-36 hours. You can customize the humidity level, and its built-in sensors detect the exact humidity level. You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil in the aroma box to feel the fresh fragrance in the room. The humidifiers also come in smaller capacity tanks.
- Ultrasonic Warm & Cool Mist
- Displays Actual Humidity: Always reads the exact value of humidity level so that you can set a suitable and comfortable humidity level based on the surrounding environment
- Huge Capacity: Large 6L capacity allows for 20 to 36 hours of continuous use; with a super high mist output of up to 500ml/hr, can easily handle a bedroom, living room, or office
- Smart Auto Mode：Designed with Auto mode to automatically diffuse mist to adjust the humidity to the most suitable level
- Whisper-quiet: Ultrasonic air diffusion produces less than 36 dB for a quiet
- High Capacity: The large 1. 5 gal / 6 L capacity allows for 36 hours of continuous use with the...
- Whisper Quiet: Produces near-silent noise and has an LED screen that can be completely turned...
3. Elechomes Humidifier
Not only the humidifier can detect the humidity level of your room with its smart sensors, but it regulates the amount of humidity it is producing according to that level to ensure the optimum level of humidity. It has also cool and warm mist humidifier which means you can switch in function of your needs. With its built-in hygrometer, the machine automatically stops working when the humidity reaches the desired level. It
- Ultrasonic Warm & Cool Mist
- Large 6L tank and dual 360 degree rotatable nozzles,can humidify rooms up to 750 sq ft! One tank will last for up to 40 hours of continuous use
- SMART HUMIDITY SENSING: A state-of-the-art humidity sensor will detect the humidity of the room quickly and accurately. You will know exactly how much humidification you need to reach your desired humidity level. The humidifier will turn off when the desired humidity is reached and will turn on again when the humidity drops.
- RESIN WATER SOFTEN TECHNOLOGY: Built-in filter can easily remove limescale, germs, calcium and magnesium ions in hard water to offer purer and finer mist spraying, helpful for skin absorption and better breath. Lasts longer than other filters
- ULTRASONIC COOL & WARM MIST: Stay cozy and comfortable year round with cool and warm mist...
- ULTRA-EFFICIENT, LONG-LASTING DESIGN: The Elechomes Cool and Warm Mist humidifier is the best...
4. Honeywell Top Fill Tower Humidifier with Digital Humidistat
The HEV615 tower humidifier is uniquely designed to include an adjustable LED humidistat that provides the users with an accurate measure of humidity levels in the surrounding. It is also very convenient as it presents two easy ways to refill the humidifier.
The model is equipped with a tank capacity of 1.5 gallons enabling it to run for 24hours non-stop. It also has an auto shut-off feature that reminds owners when to refill their humidifiers. This unit is ideal for large sized rooms.
- FILTERED COOL MOISTURE: This top-fill humidifier quietly produces an invisible cool mist that...
- COOL MOISTURE FOR HOME OR OFFICE: This humidifier features a removeable top fill tank that's...
5. Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
The Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier with its air-washing technology is providing relief from both dry air and common allergy symptoms. Its two tanks enable it to work for up to 24 hours on one water filling. Cleans the air in your house from dust, pollen, and bacteria and maintains an optimal humidity of the air in your house thanks to the Protec Pure Cool Moisture System. This humidifier with the Advanced Mist Humidistat can automatically regulate the desired moisture level in houses up to 2300 square feet of space. The QuietCare technology makes this model convenient to use when sleeping. This device will automatically shut off when the set humidity level is reached or when the water is consumed.
- MULTI-ROOM COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: Need a humidifier for large rooms? Want to add moisture to...
- FILTERED COOL MOISTURE: Evaporative Technology blows moisture off a wicking filter, helping it...
6. Aircare MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier by Essick Air
This is a cool-mist humidifier that can keep well moisten air up to 3600-square feet, with an average run time of 36 hours. With 4 roll casters and no pulley, belts, or wheels inside the unit to maintain, it’s very easy to move it around the house and clean the mineral deposits from the wick. Thanks to the adjustable humidistat, this humidifier will automatically shut off when the desired humidity level is reached or when all the water in the tank is used. Its digital control can maintain the level of humidity anywhere from 30% to 60% and besides the health benefits from keeping the air with an optimal humidity, this will keep the wood furniture and floors from cracking too.
- Console-style humidifier for a whole house up to 3600 square feet
- Digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with digital accuracy
7. Boneco Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 7135
Although most humidifiers are either warm or cool mist humidifiers, this one gives you an option to choose between cool and warm. Some of the features are: a humidification selector that offers pre-setting and you can choose anywhere from 40-percent to 75-percent, automatic temperature adjustment for keeping an optimal level of humidity in the room, eight hours sleep mode set to 60 percent humidity and a ‘clean me’ light. This is an extremely quiet machine that can humidify 650-square foot room with a mist all day long before it has to be refilled. The spout rotates 360 degrees, so you can choose a direction.
- High Output: Up to 3.5 gallons/24 hours for rooms up to 650 sq ft
- Auto Mode for fully automated operation. Mains voltage:120 V / 60 Hz
8. Aprilaire 700 Automatic Humidifier
Aprilaire humidifier is a whole house quiet humidifier that has to be installed by HVAC(Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) professional. It is a large machine that provides 50% more humidity than other humidifiers of this size and covers up to 4200 square feet space. Thanks to the digital control, you can pre-set the level of humidity you desire. Requires filters for removing the dust, which are very inexpensive and how often you are going to exchange them depends on the hardness of your water.
- Has an evaporation capacity of 0.75 gallons per hour-among the highest capacity humidifiers...
- Humidifies tightly constructed homes up to 4,200 square foot in size
These 8 models are one of the best humidifiers with humidistat on the market and for sure it would help you control the humidity level in your home/ room automatically. For in deep reviews about them it would be best to check the reviews of the consumers who are using them for years.