It is interesting how dynamic technology can be. This is also the case in the technology used in home appliances to be precise humidifiers. In recent times, there has been the development of smart technology humidifiers which are wifi enabled. These types of appliances come with enhanced control which can be done remotely. This is normally done using companion applications which can be from the manufacturing company or the popular Google Home Assistance or Amazon Alexa.
Alexa and Google Home
These are companion apps designed as assistors to help control home appliances. As the name suggests, Google Home Assistance is a product of Google Inc. It is designed to offer conversational interactions that help offer voice commands. These commands are mainly for voice-activated device control which lets you control features of certain devices and appliances by giving a sequence of voice instructions. On the other hand, Alexa is a free companion app for devices and home appliances designed by Amazon. Just like Google Home Assistance, Alexa uses a set of voice commands to help you perform different tasks by remotely controlling various systems and home appliances.
Apart from humidifiers, these two companion apps can control refrigerators, washers, vacuum cleaners, dryers, dishwashers, and many more appliances and devices. For them to work with your humidifier, it has to be wifi enabled first.
For a smart thermostat with humidity control check: Best Smart Thermostat with Humidity Control
How Smart Wifi Humidifiers are Different
Wifi mist humidifiers do not differ much from common type humidifiers. What makes them different is the fact that they are wifi enabled. This comes with many additional features as a result. Wifi compatibility makes it possible to control them remotely using companion apps and with voice via home assistance systems and apps like Alexa.
They also feature intelligent features. Seemingly, these features are advanced compared to those of other common types of humidifiers. They include automatic mist diffusion, humidity monitoring among others. Also, they come in various additional moods that make using them a great experience. They include baby moods, quiet moods, night and sleep moods. In these modes, the appliance tries to create the best conditions for such moods. For instance, during night modes, the humidifiers will switch to quiet operation, switch off blight LED lights and also optimal humidity levels. This can be done remotely, manually or the appliance can auto-switch itself.
What to check when buying a Smart Wifi Mist Humidifier
Frequency is an important factor to consider for a wifi mist humidifier. It can affect the compatibility of the appliance with your home wifi. It is good to have an appliance that uses the same frequency as your wifi. When looking for a humidifier, you will either find one that uses 2.4 GHz or 5GHz. The difference is that 2.4 GHz has a long-range while 5GHz will provide faster bandwidth over short distances.
Everyone loves to be ahead of the pack. In that case, you would love to have a humidifier that comes with the best modes for an enhanced experience. Some will come with night modes, baby modes, quiet modes-manufacturers are always creative. These modes are programmed to automatically start when certain conditions are met. For instance, when you switch to a night mode, some humidifiers will turn off the LED lights and run at more quiet modes.
Alexa and Google Home compatibility
In case you have other appliances in your house that use Alexa or Google Home apps, it would be good if you had a humidifier that is compatible with either. This would help in controlling your appliance and also decluttering your phone with many custom companion apps.
Capacity and run time.
These two are intertwined and define if an appliance can humidify the air for extended periods.
Best Smart Wifi Mist Humidifiers ( Alexa and Google Home Enabled)
Proscenic 807C Ultrasonic Air Humidifier
If you want a humidifier that supports Alexa voice control, Proscenic would be great for you. This is not the only reason that makes it great. It comes with aromatherapy function which enables you diffuse essential oils. You can schedule humidification and also customize it. Also, the intelligent humidity feature enables this appliance to sense humidity levels and adjust for the most comfortable humidity levels.
- Tank capacity is 5.5 liters
- Has a run time of up to 36 hours
- Has LED sensitive touch control display
- Supports Alexa voice control
- Enables for scheduled humidification
- It comes with a memory function that enables it to remember previous humidification mode.
- You can diffuse both warm and cool mist
- You can add essential oils for perfumed vapors
- With a weight of 8.75 pounds, this appliance can be heavy for some hands.
TaoTronics WiFi Smart Humidifier
Apart from supporting Google Home and Alexa, this appliance can also be controlled by the Sun Home companion app which makes using it a great experience. Its super silent mode is further enhanced with a sleep mode which also automatically turns off the lights. It has a 360-degree nozzle and three mist levels to choose from depending on the desired amount of humidity.
- Its operating voltage is 110V
- Has a less than 36dB working noise.
- Run time is 12 to 30 hours
- The coverage area is between 107 and 322 square feet enough to cover most common room sizes.
- It has a capacity of 4 liters.
- Has a mist output rate of 100ml/hour minimum and 300ml/hour maximum
- Its smartphone control enabled using the Sun Home app.
- It supports both Google Home and Alexa.
- Has a long run time of up to 30 hours which can be attributed to its large tank capacity.
- Smart humidistat setting. This enables you to set desired humidity levels and the appliance automatically adjusts.
- You cannot use Alexa to control timer and humidity
Smart Wifi Wireless Diffuser and Humidifier
I would say this humidifier is one of the greatest. Well, one of the greatest. This is due to its unique design which gives it the shape of a calabash. This is not the only great thing about this appliance. It is compatible with both Google Home and Amazon Alexa. It’s magic colors which are easy to adjust looks magnificent, especially during the night. You can also schedule this diffuser to disperse mist at predetermined times every day or selected days.
- Has a run time of 12 hours
- Wifi compatible
- Amazon Alexa and Google Home compatible.
- Has a capacity of 400 ml
- Alexa and Google home compatible. This means you can even use your voice to control the diffuser features like LED color.
- Using the companion app you can schedule the diffuser to work at specific times.
- Has an ultrasonic vaporizer that works by creating 360-degree frequencies that automize water and oil molecule.
- At times it can be stressing configuring it in-home wifi especially if wifi router runs on a different frequency.
Asakuki 500ml Smart Wifi Essential Oil Diffuser
Unlike most humidifiers in the market, Asakuki is a small appliance with a small capacity of half a liters. This does not affect its efficiency as it still covers an area of 200 square feet. It’s very easy to set and use which involves plugging it to a power source, launching it using the MIST/WIFI button, and connecting it to the internet using a companion app.
- 500 ml tank capacity.
- Run time is 16 hours enough for an entire night.
- Supports 2.4GHz frequency
- Has an area coverage of 200 square feet.
- Enables one to diffuse essential oils
- It is light and easily portable.
- Apart from being Google Home and Alexa compatible, you can also control it using a smartphone app.
- Have multiple LED light color options with bright and dim which enables you to set various moods.
- It only supports wifi which runs on 2.4GHz frequency.
- It does not work with Hub based home automation systems.
ASAKUKI 700ml Smart Wi-Fi Essential Oil Diffuser
The air purifier has a large capacity of 700ml so it can work through the night for best results. The light of the diffuser can be turned off or dimmed so it will never disturb your sleep. You can control it with your voice with Alexa or Google Home.
- Easy to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Large capacity essential oil diffuser with Wi-Fi function.
- Multiple timer setting and auto-off safety switch.
- 7 LED light color adjustable, new nightlight mode.
- Improve air quality by the vaporizer.
- Super quiet and effectively relax your body.
- It connects easily with Alexa
- The color schemes are easy to change for any setting or any room
- It automatically turns off when the water runs out
- The app can control how strong you want the mist to come out and the lighting
- You can also control the brightness of the light with the app
- It took me a minute to connect it to the wifi. I had to try multiple times, but one connected everything else was super easy to use.
Malmes Essential Oil Diffuser
Despite having one of the smallest capacities in the market, Malmes stands one of the most complete appliances in terms of efficiency. It has a solid design that conceals most of its compartments and features. With this appliance, you can diffuse more than just a cool-mist as it allows you to disperse essential oils, aroma and scented mist. It comes with 14 different color options which can either cycle or be locked to one color.
- Has a capacity of 300 ml
- Alexa and Google Home compatible
- Noise levels of around 40 decibels
- Has a run time of 8-10 hours
- It is small and does not take much space
- Easily portable.
- Its quiet operation makes it perfect for babies and for those who love calm sleep.
- Enables one to diffuse essential oil and scented mist.
- Due to its small capacity and to cater to its 10 hours run time, the amount of mist released may be relatively low.