It is interesting how dynamic technology can be. This is also the case in the technology used in home appliances to be precise humidifiers. In recent times, there has been the development of smart technology humidifiers which are wifi enabled. These types of appliances come with enhanced control which can be done remotely. This is normally done using companion applications which can be from the manufacturing company or the popular Google Home Assistance or Amazon Alexa.
Alexa and Google Home
These are companion apps designed as assistors to help control home appliances. As the name suggests, Google Home Assistance is a product of Google Inc. It is designed to offer conversational interactions that help offer voice commands. These commands are mainly for voice-activated device control which lets you control features of certain devices and appliances by giving a sequence of voice instructions. On the other hand, Alexa is a free companion app for devices and home appliances designed by Amazon. Just like Google Home Assistance, Alexa uses a set of voice commands to help you perform different tasks by remotely controlling various systems and home appliances.
Apart from humidifiers, these two companion apps can control refrigerators, washers, vacuum cleaners, dryers, dishwashers, and many more appliances and devices. For them to work with your humidifier, it has to be wifi enabled first.
For a smart thermostat with humidity control check: Best Smart Thermostat with Humidity Control
How Smart Wifi Humidifiers are Different
Wifi mist humidifiers do not differ much from common type humidifiers. What makes them different is the fact that they are wifi enabled. This comes with many additional features as a result. Wifi compatibility makes it possible to control them remotely using companion apps and with voice via home assistance systems and apps like Alexa.
They also feature intelligent features. Seemingly, these features are advanced compared to those of other common types of humidifiers. They include automatic mist diffusion, humidity monitoring among others. Also, they come in various additional moods that make using them a great experience. They include baby moods, quiet moods, night and sleep moods. In these modes, the appliance tries to create the best conditions for such moods. For instance, during night modes, the humidifiers will switch to quiet operation, switch off blight LED lights and also optimal humidity levels. This can be done remotely, manually or the appliance can auto-switch itself.
What to check when buying a Smart Wifi Mist Humidifier
Frequency is an important factor to consider for a wifi mist humidifier. It can affect the compatibility of the appliance with your home wifi. It is good to have an appliance that uses the same frequency as your wifi. When looking for a humidifier, you will either find one that uses 2.4 GHz or 5GHz. The difference is that 2.4 GHz has a long-range while 5GHz will provide faster bandwidth over short distances.
Everyone loves to be ahead of the pack. In that case, you would love to have a humidifier that comes with the best modes for an enhanced experience. Some will come with night modes, baby modes, quiet modes-manufacturers are always creative. These modes are programmed to automatically start when certain conditions are met. For instance, when you switch to a night mode, some humidifiers will turn off the LED lights and run at more quiet modes.
Alexa and Google Home compatibility
In case you have other appliances in your house that use Alexa or Google Home apps, it would be good if you had a humidifier that is compatible with either. This would help in controlling your appliance and also decluttering your phone with many custom companion apps.
Capacity and run time.
These two are intertwined and define if an appliance can humidify the air for extended periods.
Best Smart Mist Humidifiers ( Alexa and Google Home Enabled)
|LEVOIT Humidifiers for Bedroom, Smart Wi-Fi Cool Mist Essential Oils...||2,882 Reviews||Check It|
|Proscenic 808C Humidifier, Warm and Cool Mist, Compatible with...||1,603 Reviews||$99.00||Check It|
|SwitchBot Wi-Fi Smart Ultrasonic Humidifier, Large 3.5L Cool Mist for...||1,376 Reviews||$49.00||Check It|
|Ultenic H8 Smart Humidifiers for Bedroom, 4.3L Warm & Cool Mist,...||317 Reviews||$119.00||Check It|
|InnoGear 500ml Smart Wi-Fi Essential Oil Diffuser, App Control Works...||529 Reviews||$29.99||Check It|
|Smart WiFi Wireless Essential Oil Aromatherapy 400ml Ultrasonic...||5,451 Reviews||$69.95 $39.95||Check It|
|ASAKUKI Smart Wi-Fi Essential Oil Diffuser, App Control Compatible...||2,361 Reviews||$49.99 $32.29||Check It|
|ASAKUKI Smart Wi-Fi Essential Oil Diffuser- App Control Compatible...||1,477 Reviews||$43.99 $39.99||Check It|
Levoit humidifier is a classic 200S, 4-litre ultrasonic air vaporizer equipped with smart Wi-Fi to give you a cool-mist with essential oil diffuser for up to forty hours when on low setting.
- Levoit humidifier is BPA-free, ETL listed, and CA65 tested. It guarantees safety for your family, especially kids. It emits low levels of noise; hence your kids will enjoy a quiet sleep.
- Levoit humidifier does more than just moisturizing your skin. It also nourishes the air with your favorite aroma.
- And if you have trouble finding sleep, activate the essential oils container, turn off display lights and switch it to a low setting.
- What makes Levoit a smart device? Connect it to voice control software such as VeSync, Google Assistant, or Alexa to get a brilliant home experience.
- Use it in your office, bedroom, home, or nursery since it has an effective range of 285–376 ft² / 24–35 m².
- Levoit humidifier is easy to maintain since it comes with a brush and has a wide opening.
- It is safe for use since it is BPA-free.
- There is a risk of respiratory problems if the tank is not cleaned correctly.
Proscenic 808C Smart Humidifier
Proscenic 808C Smart Humidifier is a 5.8-liter humidifier with seven adjustable speeds. Control it with your smartphone for warm and cool mist.
Use Alexa on your smartphone to gain complete control of the humidifier. Its 2.4Hz Wi-Fi is enough to enable you to adjust its speed. In addition, let the app know when it is time to humidify your room by scheduling humidification.
Its 5.8-liter tank will supply your room with warm or cool moisture for up to thirty hours. Strictly make use of the aroma container to add your favorite essential oils to uplift your moods.
The humidifier does not just add moisture to your room randomly. It senses the existing humidity before adjusting its own.
- It has a free customer care service.
- Its dark tank might host germs if not properly cleaned.
- You can only use Alexa as its primary voice control program.
SwitchBot Wi-Fi Smart Ultrasonic Humidifier
SwitchBot is a handy humidifier and perhaps the classiest device; it comes with several smart features.
- Use software such as Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, IFTTT, and the SwitchBot App to set the SwitchBot humidifier. Additionally, schedule the next humidification by specifying humidification efficiency levels.
- Enjoy even distribution of moisture in your room. Add your favorite essential oils to elevate your moods. Its nozzle rotates at 360⁰ and sprays moisture up to 24 inches.
- Its 3.5L/0.9Gal tank supplies your bedroom with moisture for up to 48 hours.
- Its design makes it easy to clean.
- It is ultrasonic hence saves energy costs.
- Its filter is made from ceramic hence it provides healthy moisture.
- It has a 1-year warranty and lifetime support from SwitchBot.
- Its capacity is not large enough to distribute moisture to larger rooms.
Ultenic H8 Smart Humidifier
Ultenic H8 Smart Humidifier is another unique ultrasonic humidifier with remote control. It will supply you with warm and cool mist all day before refilling.
- Make use of voice control software such as Alex and Google to control the humidifier. The humidifier has a capacity of 4.3 liters capable of distributing moisture for up to 30 hours. Rotate its nozzle at 360° to allow an even distribution of water.
- Use the aroma container to pump essential oils into the air. Switch on night lights and let the humidifier take charge of your evening. Enable sleep mode, which runs on low levels of noise (less than 30dB).
- Schedule or adjust humidification. It shuts down automatically when the water tank is empty. Therefore, rest assured of no damages.
- Its design makes it easy for you to operate.
- Its capacity is enough to moisturize a large room.
- There is a danger of respiratory complications if the tank is not cleaned correctly.
InnoGear is another unique humidifier with an eye-catching design. It has all the intelligent tools you need to humidify your room.
- Use your smartphone to integrate the humidifier with Alexa or Google for voice control. Schedule the next humification using the timer.
- Enjoy a stress-free evening when you use the aroma container with essential oils. Never worry about the humidifier getting damaged since it automatically shuts off when the water tank is empty.
- Its unique design is jaw-dropping. You might want to give it as a gift to your loved ones.
- It has a small capacity.
TaoTronics WiFi Smart Humidifier
No products found.
Apart from supporting Google Home and Alexa, this appliance can also be controlled by the Sun Home companion app which makes using it a great experience. Its super silent mode is further enhanced with a sleep mode which also automatically turns off the lights. It has a 360-degree nozzle and three mist levels to choose from depending on the desired amount of humidity.
- Its operating voltage is 110V
- Has a less than 36dB working noise.
- Run time is 12 to 30 hours
- The coverage area is between 107 and 322 square feet enough to cover most common room sizes.
- It has a capacity of 4 liters.
- Has a mist output rate of 100ml/hour minimum and 300ml/hour maximum
- Its smartphone control enabled using the Sun Home app.
- It supports both Google Home and Alexa.
- Has a long run time of up to 30 hours which can be attributed to its large tank capacity.
- Smart humidistat setting. This enables you to set desired humidity levels and the appliance automatically adjusts.
- You cannot use Alexa to control timer and humidity
No products found.
Smart Wifi Wireless Diffuser and Humidifier
I would say this humidifier is one of the greatest. Well, one of the greatest. This is due to its unique design which gives it the shape of a calabash. This is not the only great thing about this appliance. It is compatible with both Google Home and Amazon Alexa. It’s magic colors which are easy to adjust looks magnificent, especially during the night. You can also schedule this diffuser to disperse mist at predetermined times every day or selected days.
- Has a run time of 12 hours
- Wifi compatible
- Amazon Alexa and Google Home compatible.
- Has a capacity of 400 ml
- Alexa and Google home compatible. This means you can even use your voice to control the diffuser features like LED color.
- Using the companion app you can schedule the diffuser to work at specific times.
- Has an ultrasonic vaporizer that works by creating 360-degree frequencies that automize water and oil molecule.
- At times it can be stressing configuring it in-home wifi especially if wifi router runs on a different frequency.
Asakuki 500ml Smart Wifi Essential Oil Diffuser
Unlike most humidifiers in the market, Asakuki is a small appliance with a small capacity of half a liters. This does not affect its efficiency as it still covers an area of 200 square feet. It’s very easy to set and use which involves plugging it to a power source, launching it using the MIST/WIFI button, and connecting it to the internet using a companion app.
- 500 ml tank capacity.
- Run time is 16 hours enough for an entire night.
- Supports 2.4GHz frequency
- Has an area coverage of 200 square feet.
- Enables one to diffuse essential oils
- It is light and easily portable.
- Apart from being Google Home and Alexa compatible, you can also control it using a smartphone app.
- Have multiple LED light color options with bright and dim which enables you to set various moods.
- It only supports wifi which runs on 2.4GHz frequency.
- It does not work with Hub based home automation systems.