Last Updated on
A thermostat is a device that is used to regulate temperatures. Also, it is used to activate other devices that are compatible with them when a certain level of temperatures are reached. The primary purpose of a thermostat is to control the heating and cooling of indoor air. However, the uses of the thermostat are not limited to heating and cooling. If your thermostat is compatible with your home humidifier, you can use it to control the relative humidity in your house and adjust them to desirable levels.
Smart thermostats, just like other smart devices we use at home, will allow you to remotely control and adjust your indoor temperatures using a smartphone, tablet or even a computer device connected to the internet. Remote control greatly enhances the operation of the device. As a result, heating and cooling are efficiently controlled making it possible to save energy. In the same way, you can remotely control relative humidity without necessarily having to be in the room. These remote controls are normally done using companion support applications from the device manufacturer or known home assistance systems like Amazon Alexa, Google Home Assistor, Samsung SmartThings, Apple Home kit among others. Also, some thermostats will have automated controls in that they activate the heating or cooling process when certain levels of temperatures are reached. This is also the case with other devices and appliances compatible with the thermostat like humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
In case you are in a lookout for smart devices, check out this: Best Smart Wifi Mist Humidifiers ( Alexa and Google Home Enabled)
Why a Smart Thermostat with Humidity Control?
You might not know of some of the benefits that come with smart thermostats until you have them but thanks this article rounds some of them. There are many reasons why you will need a smart thermostat with humidity control.
A smart thermostat can control a humidifier which can help eliminate problems associated with dry air. Additional moisture in the air will reduce allergies and symptoms associated with flu and also make the indoor stay more comfortable. For people living in cold areas, they will need humidifiers mostly during winters unlike those in hot and dry areas who will need them all year round. No matter what you chose, having a thermostat that controls your humidifier looks like the best option.
Other advantages are associated with smart thermostats with humidity control which will include:
- Ability to slash energy costs
- Keeping track of energy usage statistics
- Taking the hustle out of manually scheduling HVAC usage and enhancing control of home units by centralizing the control point.
Best Smart Thermostats with Humidity Control
Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat.
This thermostat comes with build-in Alexa which enables it to listen to your voice commands and respond accordingly. As a result, it enables you to control it from anywhere using your iOS or Android device. It comes with a companion app which you can download from the Google Play Store and App Store. More interestingly, Ecobee works with many Home Assistance Systems among them being Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, and Apple Homekit. This appliance is not only compatible with humidifiers but also dehumidifiers which can help in case humidity levels exceeds the desired levels.
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, and Apple Homekit
- Runs at a frequency of 2.4GHz
- Supports IEEE 802.11 b/g/n wife class.
- It comes with room sensors for detecting temperature levels and occupancy.
- Its room sensor enables it to detect hot and cold spots and adjusting accordingly
- Using an installation guide and an app with stepwise walkthrough installation becomes easy and takes less time.
- Works with multiple Home Assistance Systems which enhances control.
- Comes with Power Extender Kit for the sake of homes that do not have C-wire.
- Its price tag may be high for those operating on tight budgets.
Honeywell Wife Smart Thermostat
The good thing about Honeywell is that you can program it to a business or a home thermostat. Its smart features allow it to learn the exact amount of time required to reach optimal temperatures and it adjusts accordingly which implies that your comfort is not compromised and no energy wastage. Using a companion app, you can program your thermostat from your smartphone, tablet or even computer form anywhere. Your experience with Honeywell is enhanced by advanced comfort and control features. This includes the customizable color screen and advanced fan control. On-screen comfort information displays temperature and humidity levels which makes it easy monitoring.
- Compatible with systems containing c-wire.
- Supports thermostats with a voltage of 110V or higher.
- Easy setup with smart programmable features for home and business.
- Android and iOS control
- Comes with a customizable color touchscreen
- Its programmable modes enable you to save a great deal of energy.
- Senses indoor humidity and displays it on a touchscreen.
- You can lock its touch screen with locking features and passwords.
- It gives alerts on extreme temperatures and also filters change reminders that are sent to a connected network device.
- To power Honeywell smart thermostat, your system must have a c-wire otherwise the thermostat will not be powered.
- It does not work with heat pumps that have an electric baseboard of 120-240 volts.
Nest Learning Thermostat
This third-generation leaning thermostat features a sleek and thin design that makes it beautiful than ever. On interesting addition is the Farsight feature. When this feature detects you in the room, it lights up to display temperature, weather and time. The smart abilities of this thermostat are advanced to make your experience great. For instance, the home/away assist helps you conserve energy. It automatically turns the thermostat off when nobody in the house to avoid heating or cooling an empty room.
- Compatible with devices running iOS 8or later and Android 4 or later.
- Heat pump with an auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
- Works with Amazon Alexa.
- Heating takes three stages W1, W2, and W3 while cooling takes two stages Y1 and Y2.
- Compatible with humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
- Fast setup and installation which will take you 30 minutes or less.
- No need for programming as the Auto-schedule programs itself.
- Saves energy as it turns itself off when you are not home to avoid heating or cooling an empty room.
- Using the app, you can track your energy consumption history.
- Compared with other smart thermostats, the Nest does not support multiple Home Assistance Apps and systems apart from Alexa.
Kono KN-S-MG1 Smart Thermostat
Kono is a décor in the house that lets you personalize your comfort. It comes with a sleek design that features an original black stainless finish. You can change the look of Kono using its unique décor-snap covers to fit your liking. This thermostat is home/away aware enabled a feature that enables it automatically turn off when nobody is in the house. Lux Companion App helps you control the device from anywhere a thing that warrants it to be in your house.
- Powered by the system (c-wire) or the included in the package Lux power bridge.
- Compatible with gas, forced air, oil and electric furnaces (up to 2H/1C)
- Remote control enabled using the Lux companion app.
- It can be used with heat pump systems with or without AUX/emergency heat.
- Home/Away assist helps save energy. The feature enables Kono to automatically shut off when there is nobody home to avoid heating or cooling an empty house.
- It does not work with Amazon Alexa and Apple Home kit.