A Cool Mist Humidifier is a device used for spraying cool air cleverly into the environment and to make breathing easier. When you have a baby or probably you feel that the air is just too dry in your home, humidifiers are great additions. Whether the Cool Mist Humidifiers are evaporative or ultrasonic, they are exceptional for the preserving a comfortable level of humidity at home.
Humidifiers help restore the balance of moisture in your home, especially during winter and/or in dry climates. They can as well ease discomfort and symptoms associated with asthma or colds by keeping the air moist.
How Does A Cool Mist Humidifier Work?
A Cool mist humidifier uses electricity, but you have to fill the water compartment with uncontaminated or pure water. Make sure that the filter is well mounted and then turn it on.
Why Should You Use A Cool Mist Humidifier?
- The cool, moist air emitted by the cool mist humidifier balances the hot, dry air from your central heating system
- It reduces the adverse effects of dry air: dry skin, breathing problems, etc.
- When you use a cool mist humidifier, you will breathe easier, sleep better, therefor feel more energised
- It brings out less static energy in the air
Best Cool Mist Humidifier for 2016
Bionaire cool mist humidifier is designed to relief users from symptoms associated with dry air. It makes use of a filter soaked with water. The water will evaporate when dry air passes through and therefore it humidifies the room. While the LCD display makes it easy to figure out the unit’s status, even in the middle of the night. It is quiet enough to use in a bedroom.
- The unit can work for 36 hours on a single tank
- It is specially designed to work quietly
- Excellent LCD display
- Space-saving tower design
- Dishwasher safe tray
- It has just limited color options
- Failure of humidity sensor over time
- Settings go to default, when unplugged
- On high setting it runs almost 10 hours/ 36-hour run time is based on the lowest setting
- Tall design means it may be more prone to being knocked over
Quite a number of families reach for Vicks cool mist humidifier to get relief from their flu and cold symptoms. This humidifier provides up to a lengthy 18 hours of continuous operation, with a huge one gallon capacity. You can wash Vicks 1.0 gallon mist humidifier in a dishwasher and it operates very quietly. It works through evaporative technology with 2 console settings. It has a dishwasher-safe tray that makes maintenance easy.
- Many years warranty
- It operates quietly
- The tank is very easy to fill
- Two settings
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Replacement of filter results to added lifetime operation expenses
- You need to refill it at least once a day
- Rather obstructive and obvious design
- Some users would prefer something with more color options
- May not be perfect for very large rooms
Air-O-Swiss AOS 7147 is designed to produce high quality humidity through an EZCal descaler and cleaner, a Hydro cell for freshness and a demineralization cartridge. In view of the fact that Air-O-Swiss AOS 7147 can produce warm or cool mist, it is of use throughout the year. It comes with ample features, high moisture output, quiet operation and a digital humidistat that maintains a preset target humidity level. Air-O-Swiss AOS 7147 puts out up to 3.5 gallons of moisture per day, and this is the recommended gallons of moisture that the manufacturer says will humidify a 650-square-foot room.
- It produces both cool and warm mist
- High-quality moisture output
- It is quiet
- Regulates output automatically
- The sleep mode keeps your bedroom at a relaxed level of humidity
- Replaceable demineralization cartridge
- Set timer for between one and eight hours
- Replaceable demineralization cartridge
- It leaks according to some reviews
- May produce white dust
- Needs a lot of accessories
- No self-cleaning mode
HCM-350 is exceptionally effective in providing completely clean breathing surroundings. It makes use of a ultraviolet light to kill the viruses and bacteria that may be prowling in your water. This is the cool mist humidifier for you, if you are a total germaphobe. The patented germ-killing chamber technology of this cool mist humidifier ensures that nearly all spores, mold, and bacteria in the water are killed off. HCM-350 is a perfect choice for those who have extra cash to spend, and don’t just want to buy the cheapest cool mist humidifier they can find.
- It puts dust and germs free moisture in your air and operates in an ultra-quiet way
- Self-regulating evaporator
- Antimicrobial treated filter
- It runs quietly
- 24 hours between fills
- Safe dishwasher parts
- Offers safe, quiet, germ-free cool mist for your home
- Not good for large rooms
- More expensive
- Prone to sucking in a lot of dust
- Expensive filters
- No automatic shut-off control
The Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is easy to use with quiet operation as well as the ability to humidify a small space. It is a 1-gallon tank humidifier that will regulate the moisture level of about a 250 square feet space. Crane cool mist humidifier comes in different bright colors.
These brilliant colors make a perfect choice for children’s room or for any room that you want the humidifier to mingle with the decor. In addition to looking cool, the Crane humidifier is also top-rated.
- It has high-quality moisture output
- Enjoyable designs
- It comes in seven different colors
- Doesn’t need a filter
- It has 360 degrees output nozzle
- A gallon reservoir will serve for 24 hours between fill-ups
- Compact design
- Doesn’t have humidistat
- Only a one-year warranty
- Some users hate the light
- Not perfect for spaces more than 250 square feet
- It has small tank
- It may damp the furniture when used near armchairs or sofas